Becoming a legal resident of the United States typically happens through securing a green card. The EB 5 visa program is one of the options for doing this. It has similarities to other visa programs, but it also has its unique points.
The EB 5 is a special visa often called the foreign investor visa. This is because to secure this type of visa, you must invest in a business within the United States. This investment must be in a new business or in a business that you will change in some significant way. You must be active in the business and make it profitable. The business must be legal and you must create at least 10 full-time jobs.
The idea behind the investment visa is to help the U.S. economy through job creation. This requirement is very important and requires you to provide a plan for how these jobs will be created, along with proof that they will be created.
The EB 5 visa is a nice option if you have the financial ability to invest in a business. Keep in mind, though, you must prove where you got the money you use to invest. It must be traceable by the U.S. government. In addition, it must have been obtained legally.
If you are interested in this option for U.S. residency, then you may enjoy learning more about the benefits it has to offer. Here is a list of the perks you will get from this type of visa:
- You have the opportunity after the visa’s two-year term to seek permanent residency for 10 years. You will have to prove you met all the investment visa’s requirements and have at least five years residency in the country.
- You will be here legally, so you have access to all the things offered by the U.S. government, including great education opportunities.
- While the investment is going to be a risk, it is often secured because you are buying into real estate and business set ups. There is a possibility of a great return on investment.
- This is one of the quickest ways to secure residency in the United States as an immigrant.
- Your visa is good for your spouse and dependents under the age of 21. They will not be required to complete their own visa requirements. They will come here on your visa.
- You will have the ability to come back to the United States quickly should you return to your home country and then need to flee due to political turmoil or other such issues.
- You do not have to have a sponsor.
- You do not have to have any special skills or fill a specific career role. Some visas require that you have a special ability that nobody in the U.S. can fill.
- You do not have to have an H-1B for employment.
- You can live in any state or area you wish with this visa, which allows you to choose the most advantageous place for your investment and living conditions.
Securing an EB 5 visa is your chance to not only enter the U.S. as a legal resident but it also allows you to contribute to the economy and becoming an important part of a community through creating jobs. If you are able to invest the money, this could be the best visa option for you and your family.